Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Contest and Expos



Denver Doll Artisans is hosting a doll contest with theme of Art Nouveau - oooh delicious. Unfortunately it is probably too late to register for this year, although I did already and am entering two Dream Star dolls with Erte inspired costuming.


The resulting dolls will be shown at the Rocky Mountain Sewing Expo running February 5-7, which looks like a great expo for those in the area.


People local to the Los Angeles area can visit the magnificent twice yearly Pasadena Bead and Design Show January 15-18. I went last time and it was wonderful fun - and they let kids in so my daughter had as much fun as I did. No doll makers with stalls though, something I am thinking hard about for the next one towards the end of the year - maybe a group of us local doll artists could get together (hint, hint....)

No comments: